GETTING A NEW PET?
So you’re ready for your family to grow? Getting a new pet is always an exciting time – whether you’re adopting a middle-aged, abandoned dog or starting anew with a kitten. In every case, we’re here for you and your new pet today, next month, and in 10+ years.
There is a lot to consider when adding a furry friend to your family. Do you already have pets? What “tricks” will you (or should you) teach your pet? What kind of food should you buy? How do you make this affordable?
The first step is to make an appointment with your veterinarian so they can examine the pet and administer the appropriate vaccinations and do a few tests to make sure Fluffy is happy and healthy. While at this visit, it is important to talk to your vet about:
- Microchipping. Only about 20% of lost dogs and less than 2% of lost cats are reunited with their families when they aren’t microchipped. Microchipped pets are found 52% of the time for dogs and almost 40% for cats.
- Pet Nutrition. Feeding your new pet a well-rounded nutritious diet is critical to proper growth and health. Make sure to ask one of our veterinarians the best diet for your pet.
- Paws4Wellness Program. Learn how to keep your dog or cat healthier longer with our cost-effective wellness plans. Our plans include all the preventative care your pet needs. Ask about our available options at your exam.
If you’re adopting or buying a baby animal, you should also start thinking about training. There is a plethora of helpful information out there on what you should teach your pet and the best way to go about doing this. Vetstreet, the ASPCA, and PetMD all offer themselves as informative and valuable resources.
Here are some more valuable links to help you along on your pet’s journey:
- Parasite Prevalence
- Payment Options
- Pet Health Insurance Center
- Preventative Care
- Tailored Wellness Programs
If you ever have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call our
We hope you and your new pet create rich and fun memories together!
We listen and partner with you to provide the best care for your pet.
Unparalleled medical care in a compassionate atmosphere.
Caring for pets since 1962.
“Our puppies actually enjoy coming here.”- Jennifer S.
“They are thorough and friendly.”- Marden M.
“Enthusiastically recommend!”- Kate A.