Veterinary Services in Harrisburg
Compassionate Pet Care in Dauphin County Since 1962
We are a progressive veterinary hospital serving Harrisburg, Hershey, and the surrounding areas, offering a wide range of help for your pets. We believe in quality veterinary care and convenience. That’s why we’re determined to offer you and your pet as many options as we can. Whether it’s surgery, canine rehab with Kelly Straub, grooming, or even creating an individualized wellness and nutrition plan, we offer it all. This helps create a stronger bond between us, you, and your pet.
Services We Offer
From advanced treatments to rehabilitation services, Animal Hospital of Dauphin County is equipped to handle all your pet’s healthcare needs. Our clinic and exam rooms are designed to help your loved one feel comfortable and safe throughout their recovery.
Our services include:
- Avian & Exotic pet Care:Our avian and exotic animal experts are here to provide your pet with the very best in care.
- Dentistry: As one of the most important and overlooked areas of pet health, our hospital provides total veterinary dental care.
- Food and prescription refills: Order food and prescriptions right through our site by submitting a form to our veterinarians.
- I-131 for cats: Effective treatment for cats with hyperthyroidism, prescribed by Board Certified Veterinary Cardiologist, Dr. Jonathon Goodwin.
- In-house laboratory: In addition to physical exams, our vets use blood tests and other laboratory work to better assess your pet’s health.
- In-patient care: Severe health problems may require your pet to stay in our hospital in order to monitor your pet’s health.
- Low-level laser: Drug free, surgery free, non-invasive therapy to treat inflammatory and painful conditions.
- Pet microchipping: Microchips for dogs and cats provide the best form of identification, and can reunite lost pets with their families.
- Pet pharmacy: For you and your pet’s convenience, we have a fully stocked pharmacy in house, with hundreds of medications and solutions.
- Pet radiology: Our radiology department has an in-house x-ray machine which allows us to diagnose problems not found by physical exams.
- Surgery: Our veterinarians perform soft tissue, orthopedic, and laser surgery daily at the Animal Hospital of Dauphin County.
- Veterinary referral services: We’ve partnered with skilled professionals around Harrisburg, Hershey, and the surrounding areas to provide the total care that your pet will need.
- Veterinary ultrasound: We use a state-of-the-art ultrasound to look for problems in your pet’s abdomen and to detect and monitor pregnancy.
- Preventative Care: Through routine wellness exams, we are able to catch diseases before they become serious, prevent future health issues and the need for costly treatments, and help your pet live a happy and healthy life.
- House Calls: We understand that a visit to the vet can be stressful for a pet, which is why we offer wellness checks, dispense any treatments, and offer end of life services from the comfort of your home.
- Regenerative medicine: If your pet suffers from a degenerative condition, such as osteoarthritis, our veterinarians can use therapeutic methods to help heal damaged tissue.
- Rehabilitation therapy: If your pet suffers from a chronic pain condition, or has recently had surgery, we offer a series of non-invasive treatments to help speed up the healing process and help your pet move more comfortably.
Schedule your next appointment with our Harrisburg veterinarians today by calling (717) 775-7554.
We listen and partner with you to provide the best care for your pet.
Unparalleled medical care in a compassionate atmosphere.
Caring for pets since 1962.
“Our puppies actually enjoy coming here.”- Jennifer S.
“They are thorough and friendly.”- Marden M.
“Enthusiastically recommend!”- Kate A.